1. Compliance with relevant laws regulations and guidelines
2. Control of Personal Information
Establishment of company rules for the handling of Personal Information
- We have established company rules regarding handling methods, responsible persons and their duties, etc., at each stage of acquisition, use, storage, provision, deletion and disposal of Personal Information.
Organizational security control measures
- In addition to appointing the chief privacy officer for the handling of Personal Information, the Company has clarified the employees who handle Personal Information and the scope of Personal Information handled by such employees, and has established a system for reporting and contacting the chief privacy officer when facts or signs of violations of the Personal Information Protection Law are identified.
- With regard to the handling of Personal Information, each department conducts self-inspections and the head office audit department performs audits.
Human security control measures
- Employees are educated in an appropriate manner on the precautions to be taken in handling Personal Information.
- Matters related to confidentiality of Personal Information are described in the employment regulations.
Physical security control measures
- In areas where Personal Information is handled, the Company controls the access of employees and restricts the equipment, etc. brought in, and implements measures to prevent unauthorized persons from viewing Personal Information.
- Measures are taken to prevent the theft or loss of equipment, electronic media, documents, etc., that handle Personal Information, and measures are taken to prevent Personal Information from being easily identified when the equipment, electronic media, etc., are carried.
Technical security control measures
- Access control is implemented to limit the scope of the person in charge and the Personal Information database, etc. to be handled.
- We have introduced a system to protect information systems that handle Personal Information from unauthorized access from outside or unauthorized software.
3. Matters regarding the handling of Personal Information
(i) Name of the Personal Information Handling Business Operator
Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Ltd.
(ii) Utilization purpose of Personal Information
The Company may use Personal Information obtained by a proper means in accordance with relevant laws and regulations, etc. in the businesses operated by it (Note 1) within the scope necessary for the following purposes:
- (a) Proposal, communication, meeting, execution, performance, and cancellation of agreement, implementation of questionnaire or other survey, market analysis, shipping or delivery of goods, greetings, visit, sending of publications, or holding of event related to customer or assignor for specific business (hereinafter collectively called "Customer") or provision of product or service for Customer;
- (b) Inquiry, communication, meeting, execution, performance, and cancellation of agreement, receipt, payment, greetings, visit, sending of publication, or holding of event related to supplier, business partner, or assignee for specific business (hereinafter collectively called "Business Connection") or provision of product or service from Business Connection;
- (c) Communication, distribution, notification, information on product or service, lot drawing, delivery of product, or use of market analysis related to campaign conducted by the Company or applicant for it, e-mail newsletter issued and e-mail released by the Company or subscriber of it, or questionnaire or other survey implemented by the Company or respondent to it;
- (d) Guidance, communication, confirmation, or report related to visitor to office of the Company or event site, etc. involving the Company, or business providing reason of such visit;
- (e) Response, communication, confirmation or report related to person who made inquiry at the Company, or inquiry, request, or complaint, etc. from such person;
- (f) Report, communication, explanation, or grasp related to exercise of right or performance of obligation of shareholder or between shareholder and the Company;
- (g) Communication, confirmation, execution of business, or report related to person involved in group which the Company belongs to or is associated with, or the business, measures, and event of such group, etc.;
- (h) Report, communication, meeting, execution of business, exercise of right or performance of obligation, greetings, visit, sending of publication, or holding of event related to the Company's subsidiary or affiliated company or its business;
- (i) Recruitment, acceptance of application, selection, communication, implementation of questionnaire or other survey, or handling as human resource information after employment related to person desiring to work for the Company or recruiting activity;
- (j) Grasp or communication related to the Company's retired employee;
- (k) Personnel allocation, personnel management, education and training activity, wage calculation, wage payment, welfare program, social insurance management, health and hygiene guidance, healthcare, safety measures, worker's accident compensation, information system operation, or business planning related to employee (including contract employee, dispatched employee, or part-time employee; this will apply hereinafter) or their job;
- (l) Grasp related to or communication to family of employee;
- (m) Procedure for various applications, application for permit and license, registration, or notification, etc. to the central and local governments, incorporated administrative agencies, etc. under laws and regulations;
- (n) Performance of business entrusted by trustor to the Company pertaining to the Personal Information entrusted in such business; and
- (o) Report, record, material preparation, or analysis within the Company related to the purposes stated in the above items from (a) to (n), and the matters associated with such purposes.
(Note 1) The "businesses operated by the Company" are as follows:
- a) The design, construction, manufacture, installation, repair, dismantling, sale and leasing of these products and parts:
Commercial and naval vessels and maritime application equipment
Aircraft, space systems and missiles
Rolling stock and motor vehicles
Steel structures and tanks
Cast and forged metal products
Metals, synthetic resins, ceramics, composite materials and their processed products
- b) Civil engineering and related businesses
- c) Design and supervision for construction work
- d) Businesses relating to power and heat supply
- e) Businesses relating to refuse and industrial waste treatment
- f) Engineering, consulting and technical assistance as required by businesses mentioned in the clauses a) to e) above
- g) Sale, lease and management of real estate
- h) Development and sale of computer software and hardware
- i) Businesses relating to information processing and communication
- j) Businesses relating to shipping and sea rescue
- k) Businesses using aircraft
- l) Businesses incidental or relating to those items mentioned in the clauses a) to k) above
(iii) Utilization purpose of Retained Personal Data
Same as in "(ii) Utilization purpose of Personal Information" shown above.
(iv) Third-party provision of Personal Data
The Company will not provide Personal Data to a third party without the prior consent of the Principal except in cases set forth in laws and regulations. It also does not provide Personal Data to a third party by the “opt-out” procedures as set forth in the Act on the Protection of Personal Information of Japan.
(v) Joint Use of Personal Information
The Company may share Personal Information acquired by the Company with one or more of its subsidiaries and/or group companies as follows:
Personal information to be jointly used:
Name, company name, division, address, telephone numbers, fax numbers, email address, etc.
Scope of joint use:
Subsidiaries and/or group companies of Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Ltd.
For the information of the subsidiary and group companies, please see the following website:
Business purposes of joint use:
Please see the purposes described in (ii) above
Company who is responsible for the security of such information:
Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Ltd.
4. Regarding this Policy
This Policy may change without notice. In such case, it will be released on this website without delay.