Harmony with the global environment through green procurement
We will advance procurement that has consideration for the global environment with respect to the materials used in products.
Consideration for the Global Environment
1. Comply with Environment-Related Laws, Ordinances, and Regulations
Comply with the Basic Environment Law, local government ordinances, and other such laws and ordinances, as well as RoHS directives*1, REACH regulations*2, and other such environment-related regulations in the regions where corporate activities take place.
- RoHS: Restrictions on Hazardous Substances European Union directives restricting the use of specified hazardous substances in electrical and electronic equipment
- REACH: Registration, Evaluation, Authorization and Restriction of Chemicals Regulations that require corporations to prove the safety of chemical substances used within the European Union.
2. Build Environmental Management Systems
Take steps to build, maintain, and improve environmental management systems in product development and production.
3. Reduce and Eliminate Environmental Substances of Concern
Take steps not to use prohibited chemical substances (asbestos, benzene, arsenic, etc.), prohibited heavy metals (lead, mercury, cadmium, hexavalent chromium, etc.), and other such hazardous substances, and continue to implement corporate activities that show concern for the environment.
4. Pollution Prevention and Environmental Protection
Institute the measures required for prevention of air pollution, water pollution, soil pollution, noise, vibration, ground subsidence, offensive odors, and other such pollution that accompanies manufacturing, and for environmental protection.
5. Efficient Use of Resources
In addition to dealing appropriately with industrial wastes discharged during corporate activities in accordance with the laws governing various types of recycling, actively engage in efficient use of resources, recycling, and other such activities.
6. Contribute to Global Environmental Protection
We are aware that support for global environmental protection is an important element in evaluating the value of a corporation. At the same time, we are implementing measures to reduce CO2, methane, chlorofluorocarbons, and other such greenhouse gases, as well as to cut back on the use of packing materials, and are contributing to measures for global environmental protection.