Kawasaki to Provide Disaster Relief in the US After Hurricanes Harvey and Irma
Sep. 29, 2017
Tokyo, September 29, 2017 — Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Ltd. announced today that it will be providing disaster relief in the wake of hurricanes Harvey and Irma. The Kawasaki Group sends its thoughts and prayers to those in the affected areas and has decided to take the following relief measures in order to provide assistance to the people and areas devastated by the storms.
- Total of $100,000 provided by Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Ltd. in the form of relief money
- Total of 10 Kawasaki MULE PRO-DXT EPS DIESEL utility vehicles (worth around $150,000 in total) provided by Kawasaki Motors Corp., U.S.A.*1
- Total of $100,000 provided by the Kawasaki Good Times Foundation*2
- A contribution made by Kawasaki's American subsidiaries matching the amount of contributions provided by their employees
Please note that Kawasaki is currently considering the details as to when and how to go about implementing these measures.
The Kawasaki Group would like to offer its sincerest prayers to those in the affected areas and hopes for their speedy recovery.
- Kawasaki Motors Corp., U.S.A. is a local corporation in the US which serves as the group’s sales base for motorcycles, all-terrain vehicles(ATVs), recreation utility vehicles(RUVs), utility vehicles, JET SKI® personal watercraft(PWCs) and general purpose gasoline engines in the US as well as in Central/South America.
- Kawasaki Good Times Foundation runs a social contribution fund in the US which provides donations for arts and culture facilities, charitable works and other such endeavors.