Techno Box 04
- 01Auger (ribbon screw type)
A ribbon screw type auger incorporating the latest in rotary technology is offered as a standard feature. It is also designed to prevent jamming by snow chains left on the road.
- High-torque engine produces enormous power.
Fills up a 10 ton truck
in 30 seconds
- Blows snow that has been gathered. Operator can adjust height and blowout angle at will.
- 04Snow cutter
- Cuts through snowbanks and snow.
- The blades behind the auger rotate to blow up snow.
- 06Operator's cab
Engine rotation and speed are controlled separately with a pedal-lever drive mode for greater efficiency. Features cutting-edge electronic technologies including a vehicle monitoring system.
Features a proprietary power transfer system that distributes engine power efficiently between work and drive systems.
modes to meet any plowing needs
When working with a rotary, the snowplow pivots on a center pin to enable changing directions easily even in narrow intersections.
- 08Replace clearing device
in just 10 minutes!
Cuts cost by serving 2 roles.
Scrapes ice from the road surface, and levels the road after removing snow to create a smooth surface.
Group LeaderHideki Hirayama(Center)Team LeaderHiroshi Taniura(Right)
Engineering Department Nichijo Manufacturing Co., Ltd.
Clearing device replaced
in just 10 minutes for greater efficiency
Nichijo Manufacturing, a Kawasaki group company, is Japan's leading manufacturer of large rotary snowplows. It was the first in Japan to develop a hydraulic drive system for snowplows.
The HTR300M multi-functional rotary snowplow is Nichijo's latest and most cutting-edge offering. This snowplow allows easily replacing the clearing device at the front of the truck—it can be fitted with either a blade-type plow or a rotary plow. After pushing snow toward the road shoulder with a blade plow, it uses the rotary to blow snow off the road.
While these tasks used to be performed by two separate vehicles in the past, the HTR300M was "developed to enable efficient operation according to the amount of snowfall, ultimately saving costs," says Umeda.
Its simple detachable mechanism allows the operator to easily replace the clearing device in a short time. This is a big innovation in snowplows that is actually little known.
- High-performance rotary
snowplow for airports
- Boasts a rated output of 590 kW. Removes 3,100 tons of snow in 1 hour. Excellent for removing snow off runways, taxiways, and aprons.
- De-icing truck
- Sprays de-icing salt and sand safely and accurately with the aid of a computer. Various types available for highways, mountains, etc.
- Railway motor car
- Supports the operation of railways, including Shinkansen, trams, monorails, snowplows, overhead line vehicles, and shunting vehicles.