Bulk Carrier Kn Arcadia Delivered
May 26, 2017
Tokyo, May 26, 2017 — Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Ltd. delivered today the Kn Arcadia (Kawasaki hull no. 8024, NACKS hull no. NE217), a bulk carrier with a capacity of 209,000 DWT, for Kumiai Navigation (Pte.) Ltd. at Nantong COSCO KHI Ship Engineering Co., Ltd. (NACKS), its joint venture with China COSCO Shipping Corporation, located in Nantong, China.
Delivery, principal particulars, and features of the vessel are as described below.
|Delivery||May 26, 2017|
|Length overall||300.00 m|
|Length between perpendiculars||295.50 m|
|Molded breadth||50.00 m|
|Molded depth||25.00 m|
|Molded draft||18.40 m|
|Gross tonnage||107,753 t|
|Hold capacity||227,363 m3|
|Main engine||One set of CMD-MAN B&W 6G70ME-C9. 2-TII diesel engine|
|Maximum continuous output||15,250 kW at 66 rpm|
|Class||Nippon Kaiji Kyokai (ClassNK)|
- The vessel employs the latest in technology to achieve maximum fuel economy, including an energy-saving, electronically-controlled main diesel engine, high propulsive efficiency propellers, and the Kawasaki rudder bulb system with fins (RBS-F) and semi-duct system with contra fins (SDS-F).
- The vessel is fully compliant with the new bulk carrier hull strength rules (IACS Common Structural Rules) for enhanced safety.
- The vessel employs double-hull fuel oil tanks to prevent marine pollution.
- The bulk carrier’s anti-corrosion coatings, complying with the new performance standards for ballast tank protective coatings (PSPC), ensure paint quality that is better than ever.
- The main engine and generator engine comply with Tier II NOx emission standards set by the International Convention for the Prevention of Pollution from Ships.